Probationary Members will have one year from the date of membership approval to complete the training requirements for certification. The training will be made available through the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company. The applicant will be eligible for permanent membership upon the completion of the training requirements and a one-year probationary period. Unsuccessful completion of the training requirements will cause the probationary status to lapse under the guidelines of membership as outlined in our Constitution and Bylaws.
To Apply for Firefighter and/or EMS Membership
- A completed Membership Application
- A $12.00 application fee, check payable to BVFC
- An interview with our Membership Committee
- A copy of your current drivers license and any related certifications
- Successful completion of a background check
After your Acceptance for Membership
- Complete and pass a full medical physical
- Attend not less than 4 meetings during the company year
- Participate in a minimum of 20 drills during the year
- Participate in at least 1 committee
- Participate in the Annual Fund Drive
Interested in Joining?
To join the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company, please print and complete the following documents. When ready… bring the documents, a copy of your driver’s license, any related certifications, and a $12 application fee–to the Firehouse located at 92 Pocono Road. We are available any Monday evening at 7pm except for holidays.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Firehouse main number… 203-775-1882. Or you can use our contact form to send us an email.